Sonic The Hedgehog HD (S1HD)

• Debes iniciar sesión para poder participar
189 respuestas en este hilo

#61 Sonica

Sonica
  • Reikainiano
  • 33 mensajes

Publicado 29 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

Yeah, I will be doing the 256x256 tiles, only at 3x the size!

#62 Bkron

Bkron
  • Administradores
  • 8610 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 12:14 AM

I'm willing to help if you're taking this to any direction, since the original creator of this project didn't have a clear idea of what to do about the programming part.

EDIT: I just noticed you're the one who made the Sonic Maker that was posted on Sonic Retro, I guess we can have confidence then :)

#63 Sonica

Sonica
  • Reikainiano
  • 33 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

Cool. What sort of things would you be happy to do?

Tails and Knuckles can be supported in the GM engine. Could they be unlockables?

#64 Bkron

Bkron
  • Administradores
  • 8610 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

I would do graphical work, I think I can start by doing the backgrounds. Just tell me we won't be arguing for monhs on how a single object shuld be, like they do on Sonic 2 HD, I would like the project to be finished while I'm alive.

#65 Sonica

Sonica
  • Reikainiano
  • 33 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

Nah. No arguing. Its less of a community project, but a bit of fun!

#66 ashthedragon

ashthedragon
  • USUARIO BANEADO
  • 20951 mensajes
  • LocalizaciónPor ahí

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

I'm willing to help too. I'm not good at anything in special, but I can draw a bit, and program a bit, and even can make music a bit. But I'm not very good at anything!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 xose

xose

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 7701 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

the whole Green Hill Zone (or at least the most part of it) could be divided in not so much 256x256 tiles:
http://www.spriters-... ... heet/27190

I didn't know the game was so prefectly "squared". Anyway palm trees/flowers/totems and other decoration could also be separate tiles/objects. This could make some of the tiles smaller (256x128 for example) and they will be easier to animate/replace/reposition.

And I think we could use the Smash Bros Brawl textures of Green Hill Zone as a reference for some objects or even the background
http://www.textures-... ... /sheet/455

Or the Sonic 4 ones, much more variety and content... and more lawsuit prone :P

Tails and Knuckles can be supported in the GM engine. Could they be unlockables?

I'm not sure we should start thinking about unlockables or other extras at this point. Right now I think the priority should be getting a playable Green Hill with Sonic to test the engine and the artwork we have so far.

We also need some test renders (that could be done in Photoshop until there's a playable demo ready) to test the resolution the game will be running on. For example, if we support 1920x1080/1920x1200 as the top resolution, the relative sizes should be similar to those of the original game, oherwise it could be difficult to play. This will also give us tips about the size the tiles and objects should be at, so we don't make them either too big or too small.

Reikai-firma.gif

#68 Sonica

Sonica
  • Reikainiano
  • 33 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Yep. I have many things sorted:

:D
Do you like it? It doesn't currently have a mechanic for limiting the movement of the camera so it will be able to see under the ground.

Now has many GreenHill tiles available. And I will be making more frames for Sonic. And I found out the flashing colours on Sonic was due to exporting SVG files in AI. I can't save the PNG's in Illustrator, since it cuts off the edges, so I do it in Inkscape instead.

#69 xose

xose

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 7701 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

Yep. I have many things sorted:
http://img687.images.../sprite7152.png
:D
Do you like it?

It looks great! Keep up the good work :D

It doesn't currently have a mechanic for limiting the movement of the camera so it will be able to see under the ground.

That can be faked with some extra tiles at the bottom for now until the camera system gets improved, don't worry about those tiny things now.

Now has many GreenHill tiles available. And I will be making more frames for Sonic. And I found out the flashing colours on Sonic was due to exporting SVG files in AI. I can't save the PNG's in Illustrator, since it cuts off the edges, so I do it in Inkscape instead.

Is everything going to be vector graphics? That's some impressive job if it is.

What is the max resolution the engine supports? Have you tried higher resolutions to the one of that screenshot?

Reikai-firma.gif

#70 Sonica

Sonica
  • Reikainiano
  • 33 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

I have made all the sprites at 3x the original. That's OK, It fits most monitors, and laptops; 4x is too big for many people, and myself as I found out with S2HD

#71 Bkron

Bkron
  • Administradores
  • 8610 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

Are we targeting maximum fidelity or can we add some extra details?

#72 FvG

FvG
  • Reikainiano
  • 19374 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

¡¡Pero qué lol de hilo Oo!!
Imagen subidaImagen subidaImagen subida

Imagen subidaEditado por FvG, 24 de noviembre 3400 A.C. - 06:20 PM.

#73 Sonica

Sonica
  • Reikainiano
  • 33 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Sme extradetails would be nice, but not to extreeme.

#74 Bkron

Bkron
  • Administradores
  • 8610 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

¡¡Pero qué lol de hilo Oo!!

¡¡¡A que sÍ!!! ¡¡¡Y no sólo eso!!! ¡¡¡Además es un juas, un xD y un roflmao!!!

#75 Sonica

Sonica
  • Reikainiano
  • 33 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

This is a Lol thread or summin... Oh well.

#76 Bkron

Bkron
  • Administradores
  • 8610 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Don't worry, just ignore him.

#77 xose

xose

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 7701 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

This is a Lol thread or summin... Oh well.

This is the first time we have some non-Spanish user in the forum AND interested in helping with a project! Some users might find it funny that we have a thread in English on a Spanish forum, just ignore it.

But we ARE really interested in the project and in getting it done. We take it seriously.

Reikai-firma.gif

#78 Sonica

Sonica
  • Reikainiano
  • 33 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

I see. Righty ho then.

I'm looking forward to getting some good metalic effects onto spikes and whatever. I'm good with metal.

#79 Bkron

Bkron
  • Administradores
  • 8610 mensajes

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

Did you think about how would the badniks look with that effect?

#80 MiglMiglianoMiglest

MiglMiglianoMiglest

Las lavadoras fritas saben a Miel

• Reikainiano
  • 8157 mensajes
  • LocalizaciónEn tu casa

Publicado 30 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

Did you think about how would the badniks look with that effect?

That could be really interesting, to say the least :shock:

Sorry to say that I don't think I could help with something, but I'm not good with these things... but of course, I'll be watching the thread, and if I think that I could help with something, I'll inmediately write here with it :D

Keep going! :wink:
Imagen subida Imagen subidaImagen subida

0 usuario(s) está(n) leyendo este hilo

0 miembros, 0 visitantes, 0 usuarios anónimos